Tuesday 12 February 2013

Survey Dollars Update

So part of my goal of the blog was to update everyone with my frugal adventures along the way.  A few months back, I believe the beginning of November or so, I joined an online survey forum that rewards you for sharing your opinions.  Seems easy enough!  Well here's the update!

This website, Angus Reid Forum, asks you the most random questions and has you complete very random surveys.  Each month you fill out a Monthly Mosaic that helps to paint the picture of who you are, what you do, and what your interested in.  I have been asked everything from what types of radio advertising I am familiar with/enjoy, to my knowledge of different oil companies and pipeline products.  Obviously, there are some financial supports behind each, and I'm sure it's one of the few major companies that is supporting the survey each time, but I don't mind sharing and I don't mind getting paid to do it. 

Yes, paid is in italics.  Although you do get financially reimbursed for your time and opinions, you only get paid out every $50 Survey Dollars.  Well, in almost four months, I've earned $9, and a few entries into the monthly draws each month.  So, it's a slow process!  I usually try and fill out every survey they email me, but it is definitely going to take a while before I actually see any of the cash!  Do I still think it's worth it?!  ABSOLUTELY!  The surveys usually only take me a few minutes, and I can do them from my phone.  So they can be done waiting in line, while watching a TV episode, or even while waiting on your significant other to hurry up so you can leave the house.  It's just not a reward that will pay off as quickly as some of the other ones we've ventured into.

Happy Saving!
- C

No comments:

Post a Comment